AXPONA 2011 Atlanta reports/thoughts?

This was my first show......I really enjoyed checking out all the gear. I was really impressed with the sound in the Scaena room as well as the MBL room.
I know this has been probably been discussed before, but someone really needs to tell all these sponsors, distributors, and people to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were times that I didn't even feel welcome in certain rooms. In this economy, if I want to listen to one of my tunes on a $60,000 pair of loudspeakers, you should damn well roll out the red carpet. I understand "screening" tracks so no one plays gangster rap or 2 Live Crew or something that's offensive, but don't give me the third degree about whether or not my song will make your speakers sound good. Thoughts?
audioguy3107
The small system in the NAPA room sounded remarkable...considering the miniscule size. Certainly not of reference quality, but very musical, indeed. I went back several times with different friends, and was duly impressed each time. In fact, on Sunday I decided to plop down the $$$ for that little system. I don't know where I'm going to put it, yet...every room in the house has an audio system...decisions, decisions :)!
The Wharfedale / Musical Fidelity room was a revelation to me. I can't believe those were $1200 speakers and a $1500 integrated.
I liked the YG speakers too.
I noticed a lot of the music was awful, at least to my taste. Not a big opera fan. Or broadway.
The Wharfedale distributor played some great Neil Young and Jeff Beck for us.
I was real disappointed with the Naim and Quad gear. It seemed lifeless and not real rhythmic.
But I enjoyed the Wilson Benesch / Rega room next door.
All the distributors seemed friendly to me.
I wish I had been able to see (hear) more.
I don't think I saw any Polk Audio products. Closest thing to mass market I saw was some Marantz components, but that's about it.