P.S. Audio Quintet? Worthwhile?

I'm hearing that this device would be beneficial for my system. I currently use a Tributary power bar with surge protection. Anyone have thoughts on what difference I could expect with a Quintet? I don't know much about power conditioning. Anything written on it seems to be from 2007 when it was released. This would be for the main system with Aerial speakers, Classe int. amp, Squeezebox Classic 3 and Wyred for Sound Dac 2. Appreciate your ideas.
audiowoman
The Pangea 9 gauge cord on the integrated will definitely increase the bass slightly. It is the 'trademark' of that cord. The 14SE pangea will improve clarity on sources.
The Shunyata Venom3 same. (but that is only hearsay, as i have never tried a Venom 3, but would certainly be willing to buy one as TAS gives it a good score.
Another item to replace is the wall receptical. No expensive one needed at all. A $3.00 20 amp Pass & Seymour from Menards will make a difference if you have the old receptical that was there when you moved in, still in the wall.
Stock recepticals are usually thirtynine cent junk.
Replacing the wall receptical is not hard, but the electricity MUST be turned off to that outlet to do it.
To change the receptical you would need a standard flat bladed screwdriver, a phillips screwdriver, and a needlenose piers. If it is too difficult for you to do, and noone to do it for you, skip it.
(Do NOT buy a Leviton receptical from a hardware store, tthose are really not good) Pass & Seymour, or a Hubble from an audio site. Cryoed one from Porterport here is an ecellent cryoed receptical for $35.00

Really the powercords and the powerline conditioner sort of outlet strip are doing the same thing. Cleaning the A/C power so the sound gets better. The result is smoother highs, clearer sound. less distortion.
The total result is kind of like having better components.
Some folks go crazy over these things. but the 'first step' is the biggest improvement. So a $50 to $100 power cord is going a long way to the same place as a $1,000 cord.
IF you only bought one cord, i would buy the Pangea 9 gauge two meter for your integrated. It should be clear to you that you can hear it make a difference when you put it on. IMO. If you cannot, you can return it. and only loose the shipping cost. A second cord is the source cord, either a Pangea 14Se or the Venom 3.
(i find it interesting so many folks offer advice: "If you only spend MORE you can get this..." Well i try to say you can spend LESS and do better.)
I really hope this helps out.
Alright - pulled the plug (pun intended) on the Pangea 9 gauge and 3 of the 14se's.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Well FedEX delivered the Pangea cords this afternoon. I put them on around 3pm, that 9 gauge is a big one - hard to fit it behind the audio stand, but oh so worth it!
Elizabeth - many, many thanks for this suggestion. I expected to hear a slight improvement at best......I heard a significant upgrade to the bass and overall clarity of the sound, my partner and I were quite flabbergasted and listened to tunes for hours this afternoon and later this evening.
I wasn't able to use one of the 14se's as the Squeezebox doesn't have that kind of cord, so I used it on my Samsung 50" plasma instead. Nice difference here as well, brighter colours, depth. Gotta find one of those wall receptacles now.
I owe you one!
Update:
We needed a new electrical panel in our home...perfect time to run dedicated lines to the stereo. Electrician ran two dedicated lines and new receptacles so amp is in one and source is in the other. Sat down to listen to a few tunes last night once he finally finished the work....two hours later I was still smiling and listening. Is there a burn in time on this where it gets even better?