Heaven or Hell

After a long day at work I sit down to listen to my stereo and behold the seas part and yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus the Stereo Gods have granted me a rare evening of audiophile heaven but now I ask you why cant I stay in this state of rapture as the following day at the same time listening to the same music the seas refuse to part and Im here in a state of disbelief. Can anyone tell me why its so hard to stay in that elusive zone? Explanations appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
The Stereo Gods giveth... and the Stereo Gods taketh away.

They are giving you as sign. They are telling you to visit the nearest high priest - your local dealer - and make a suitable offering, in the form of an expensive purchase.

Do this, you will surely find favor in the eyes of the Stereo Gods once again.

Duke
high priest
Has my attempt at humor been that bad? Perhaps. Want to take time to thank the High Priest Duke for his comments and to the rest of you surely you can explain to me why one day your stereo sounds great and the following day your wondering what happened.Comments appreciated.
I think this has to do more with the state of mind of the listener, than the performance of the stereo.....
This happens to me frequently. I chalk it up to my mood which I'm not even conscious of. Although, I do seem to have a better experience on those days when I'm anticipating a good session.
I don't believe it has anything to do with my equipment, power source or any other technical explanation.
As others suggest, tt could be psychoacoustic, in other words, your state of mind changing from one listening session to another. Do you have dedicated lines? It could also be that you need to get dedicated lines to improve and make more stable the AC connected to your system. Personally, I've seen profound differences in the sound of my speakers based on any change to the AC powering the system.