Hurricane Irene

To all in its path:
Stay safe and be sure to unplug your system
goldeneraguy
In general I would prefer a hurricane over a tornado unless its a very strong hurricane, that can be like a 6hr tornado. This stirm isnt nearly as bad as predicted or feared but the last thing Obama wants is to be compared to Bush even if the two events are night and day.
This storm is not something to worry much about. But the world ecosystems are in turbulance with elements of dissarray. See what we'll get in the future. I am thinking about buying land in North-Western Territories, Canada. You are welcome there to ride things out. Just bring the tents and rifles. We'll go do hunting.
Good luck to all. The wind and rain here are getting stronger. Idiot or not, I'll go take a walk and patrol the neighbourhood.
Things beginning to calm now. No power so no tunes. Wild winds today here outside Richmond. A few fatalities reported.
Currently getting hammered here in Bristol Connecticut, mostly by heavy rains. Wind not so bad so far. 200 plus thousand out of power. So, far no water in my house and audio gear is unplugged and placed off the floor.
I think another 6 > 10 hours and we'll be through the worst of it. Mother nature is truely impressive at times.