Designer Hall of Fame

There are many great designers out there, and especially in the lore from the golden age, but I'm not to familiar with them. I thought it might be interesting to discuss some of the great designers for engineering skill and knowledge, business integrity, and ultimatley quality of their products. My short list a "hall of fame" if you will of designers working today are:

Nelson Pass, Pass Labs
Charles Hansen, Ayre
Roger Modjeski, Music Reference
Ken Stevens, Convergent Audio Technolgy (CAT)
Kevin Hayes, VAC

and how could I leave Jeff Rowland off? Well it is a short list. Who would you nominate?
pubul57

Agree with the respondents...I've only observed Alan Hill/Plasmatronics enumerated once, sooo I'll second it :-)

-Sam

Mr. Israel Blume of Coincident Technogy. This man designs are the best that the high end offers and at performance and prices that undercut similar products. His high efficiency speakers are all excellent at their various preice points. Then he comes out with amplifiers, such as the Frankenstein and the Dragons which blows the doors off of similarly priced competitors. And then he adds to that with the best Linestage at $5,000, which can embarrass many of those with prices of over $10,000. And his new phono stage is unbeatable at its price point.

Mr. Blume is clearly a man of all seasons in high end audio.

Greg
without Ed Meitner we would probably still be listening to records because digital would be horrible! He was a brilliant man.