Counterpoint - Alta Vista - Mike Elliott

I was just informed that Mike has stopped all business because of health reasons. The Alta Vista Website confirms this. I know some of you may have had some issues dealing with Mike in the past but Mike was always a professional to me and accommodating to all of my dumb questions. I learned so much from his designs and I know that they were way ahead of their time. I just finished modifying an SA-5000 for a few audiophiles based on the information provided on the Alta Vista Audio website and they sound excellent. I still own the current version of the NP-220 power amp.

Well my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and his family.

Thanks Mike for everything.
bigkidz
Thanks! for sharing. There are many fans of Counterpoint gear out there that will need a continuance of service/parts...etc.
Hello Bigkidz.
I've a SA-5000 for several years. I recently opened the case to clean for dust, with a brush and by blowing air. I've also cleaned the pins of tubes and sockets with an electronic contact spray cleaner. Now i hear a loud whiff or blow on both the channels using phono input (MM). I exchanged the tubes but it doesn't go away. I suspect that it is a problem from power supply, where is the only tube I didn't change. I was attracted from some kind of upgrade, but now i have to repair it, before. Do you have the service manual of the SA-5000? Or can you help me to find it or with any other suggestion? Thanks in advance, Luca