Audio fuses

I hav tried all these fuses Hifituning supreme, then the synergistic type
The synergistic is not better in every circumstances ,they were warmer but when other brand fuses were in the system in some cases the synergistic
Fuses made it worse myself and two friends tried them on different equipment with the same results,Sometimes it was better
Not everything is ut in stone.
128x128audioman58
According to Laura Dearborn's book on audio,just cleaning the fuse and fuse holder can make a noticeable difference. Simply taking a fuse out can rub off deposits. Next time your thinking about changing fuses clean contacts and report your findings.
Hi Blueranger

I've heard the same thing from other more experienced audiophiles as well. They told me before I start spending funds on the expensive audiophile type fuses they told me to clean the fuse holder and fuses themselves. If possible I use metal polish on the fuse holders and fuses themselves and then spray them down with deoxit cleaner. I was told to use as much elbow grease as possible to get the fuses clean. I believe I heard a difference but am unsure as when I did this I made all sorts of tweaks at the same time. I did save a bunch of money though. The polish and cleaners weren't anywhere near as expensive as the fuses I needed.
I agree with Audioman58 on the Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuses for digital and phono sources. They preserve the harmonics better which involves me more but are not as dynamic in pre and power amps. Recently I experimented with Audio Horizons' Platinum fuses for my downstream components and they are significantly better than the SR20s in dynamics and neutrality. Because of the neutrality they bettered the SR20s in source components but are not in the same league as the Supreme for this application.
Unless youhave a acme Silver plated fuse holder .all these other holders
Are coated Zinc, cleaning is a good idea , but very good aftermarket
Fuse is essential to get the most out of your system .in every area.in Audio the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.i have done all my equipment. Also a good isolation stand helps absorb vibration,to complete the system.
Just look online at the metals index for resistance ,Silver has 7x less
Resistance then the stock Steel fuses.meaning each fuse is a Big bottle neck. If you want a warmer perspective Synergistic is a good bet, neutrality Hifi tuning Supreme is the most balanced. Audio horizons outstanding detail but maybe a bit thinner balance then the Hifi tuning everything is equipment,and cable dependant for tonal balance.
If you don't happen to have an Acme cryo'd silver plated fuse holder then you might consider Quicksilver Gold contact enhancer, a medium viscosity fluid that is applied in very thin layer to all electrical contacts including fuse caps, vacuum tube pins, RCA plugs! power cord plug contacts, etc.