Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?

With the exception of some of there tube gear, not many really use this stuff(or admit to it anyway), I am mainly referring to there amps. They look pleasant, they look good on paper and have the price of high end gear, but I seldom hear anyone claiming to like or one day dreaming of owning McIntosh. I have never really listened to there stuff, no good word of mouth sort of scares me away from it, the only people who like it are those who sell it, an uncanny coincidence? I don’t know. Sorry it this has been covered many times in the past, I ran a search and could not find anything.
tireguy
Well, I was 23 years old when I got my first McIntosh. That was 4 years ago. I love the sound, the looks, and the presence McIntosh gear has. If you don't like it, look elsewhere.

Not everyone likes the same thing. Why is that so hard to understand?? I am amazed how there is so much "mine is best so yours is crap" attitude around here.

Personally, I don't spend much time in audio forums anymore. Rooze is right with that comment. It used to be fun until I realized there is no absolute like some make you think. Now when I browse posts, I generally laugh and shake my head. So many people have no confidence in their opinion. I find that strange but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

Arthur
Can't believe this came back from late 01(hard to believe how the years just seem to fly by!), and yet still no "answer"- damn it!
McIntosh is similiar to Timex...."It takes a licking but keeps on ticking" so to speak. Mac gets its fair share of barbs for its audio, but from what pieces I've listened to they aren't all that bad; further, Mac gear can be handed down to your grandchildren and still produce to its rated specs. My best Bud has 27year old Mac gear that is a pleasure to sip and listen to all evening. Looking at prices of his Mac gear here on A'gon....he can almost break even on some units or make money on others if he sold his system compared to what he paid for it 27yrs ago...Now, that is saying something again isn't it!! So Mac gear must be crap..right?

Come to think of it...Mac hasn't been sold, folded, merged, kicked into Retail...down capped, or even transferred to China like so much of our other "High End" stuff has suffered over the past few years. Now that says a lot also...doesn't it?
Well, Goodsie, sold and merged McIntosh has quite a few times already, the last time in March 2003, when it changed hands from Japan-based Clarion based to D&M, the Japan-based holding that owns Marantz, too. Only these guys were clever enough not to ruin McIntosh