LLano Amps.

Please feed me with your words of wisdom about the Trinity Line of amps from this Texas manufacturer. I have spoken many times with Randy White and he is a super individual. However I have not heard the amps or have any of my near divorced audio buds. So I ask you all, how do they perform!!! Sound? Etc.....

I am pondering the Trinty 200 mono's to power up my Hales Designers Signiture speakers. 6 ohm load. My pre selection is up for grabs, I just sold my CAT. I hate to say it but I am going to SS. I know....do not even say it. I want to stay married.
128x128bozo
I've heard a White Labs amp like 6 years back powering a pair of Von Schweikerts. That system, using Theta digital and Meridian pre, is one of the best I've heard to date.
GO FOR, DREAD II, THETA'S DIGITAL 4X250 WATTS/CHANNEL
NOTHING COMES EVEN CLOSE TO THE DETAIL AND SONICS.
THE SECTRET IS THE MACHING OF THE AMPS OUTPUT STAGES
WITH RESPECT TO THE MAGGIES XOVER (ie no ground loop for either)

GIVE ATRY ITS WORTH IT!

REGARDS

STELIOS

TELECOM CONSULTANT

sangel@ote.gr
Since this thread just came up again, I thought I'd post first comments on my Llano Trinity 300. It arrived yesterday after considerable delay, but even after 3 hours, I can say that it was worth the wait. Lots of detail, air, bass slam. Sharp transients, sense of space, etc. I swapped out a pair of McCormack 0.5s (dlx on bottom, Rev A+ on top) which had really impressed me so far. However, right now the only weakness I can find is a tad too much bite at the upper end of the vocals. Maybe silver cables are too much of a good thing, maybe stock tubes, maybe just break in. It IS a monster (75 lbs), looks are basic industrial black, but the sound so far just sounds real. I've been playing a number of live albums and it really does capture the sound of a live performance. More later as it breaks in. Using with BAT VK3i and Vandersteen #A sigs, CAL CL-10, Classe DAC-1. This may be the real deal, from an audio standpoint, but I have to admit some concerns re: customer service. It may just be the kind of thing you have to expect from a boutique operation. We will see. More later as it breaks in and I swap in some NOS tubes.
Well done. Yes, try the NOS tubes. Email me for suggestions. What tubes does it have in there now?
I have five channel of Trinity ampification and I think these are fantastic amps. They replaced my Bryston 9B-ST and are a major step up from that good amp.

I did have to wait awhile to get them, but this probably goes w/the territory for a hand-built product.

I found Llano by hearing an amp from Randy's old company, White Audio. Listen to that amp in the same system against CJ, Aragon, Krell and several others over a long period of time -- it was simply better.