Power amplifier for NHT 2.5i speakers?

I want to upgrade from a Parasound HCA-1000A power amp for a pair of NHT 2.5i speakers.
alanpiga
Hello, I've used the 2.5i as well as the 2.9 for about 3 years now and have had excellent results w/ a multitude of amp/preamp combos. the amps that seem to work ther best are those typically w/a high dampning factor. The Bryston 4BST has very worked well . Another amp thats worked very well and typically found well under $1K here on Audigon is the MUSE 160.
One thing I've found is that a decent Tube preamp goes a long way in tamming the highs in the NHT's , suggestion here might be an ANTHEM PRE 1L or even better A SONIC FRONTIERS SFL-1 both can be had around $ 500.
Hope this helps
Well, I am crazy but I am playing the NHT 2.5i's with a pair of Wavelength Gemini Twins now, they play better than the Parasound, Better bass, with 2.5 watts per channel!!!!
believe or not, and the sound, a lot more quality.
I had bought a pair of Silverline Sonatina's but I like the sound with the NHT's.
I think I'll have to get something else, more efficient, like 96 to 98 db/1 w/1 mt.. But in the mean time I can enjoy it.