Opinions needed; which is a better choice and why?

My integrated amp died so I am now in the market for a replacement. I have always owned integrated amps, but have contemplated an PreAmp/Amp combo. I am interested in what is a better choice a high quality integrated amp or a preamp/amp combo? What are the pros and cons of either? In addition I would like to spend the same amount of money with either choice does this factor into the equation?
Thanks
meby
Hey Meby, I have a seperate transport and dac. To me the logic is that each piece is doing what it was designed for. Hence a one box player depending on price MAY not equal seperates. I always see the PD65 advertised as a great transport yet it's a one box player. Yes jitter may play a factor but with units from AA,Monarchy and others that issue can be addressed. Hope this helps Meby.
All,
Since there are such great deals out there on the Sonic Frontiers Power 1, I am leaning towards purchasing one. Anyone who has owned or demoed one of these how do they compare sonically to the ARC VT50? I understand they are much easier to bias than the ARC amps. Also anyone who owns one what preamps are you using and are you satisfied?
Thanks,
Meby
meby, from what i can glean about your tastes in gear, i think you might really like tube BAT amps. try to listen to a vk-60...they can be found for under $2k used. the ARC stuff sounds great but is more expensive to retube and more difficult to bias (BAT is auto-biasing).

whatever electronics you buy, definitely buy used! however, i agree that speakers are probably best purchased new or as demos from a store, given the problems that can occur in shipping. others may disagree.