Receivers 500 and under?

Need to replace a worn out receiver. Any recommendations in the $500 and under range? At this price point I think that separates are not available. Speakers are Spendor Preludes and the music listened to is mostly classical and jazz.
Thanks!
wda
I haven't heard the Outlaw products, but in my experience the Marantz line clearly outshines the other mass-market Japanese brands including Yamaha and Sony.
I have never heard of outlaw, I did go to there website and saw that they have one reciever available @ $499. They also offer a 30 day money back garuntee. If you wanted to buy locally then you might want to look at Harmon Kardon, or Denon. I think you will find the Denon to be a little better in the overall presentation. You can also buy both of these through mail order companies at a discount.But you should check the dealer out at this web site first. audiosurvey.com Then you won't get burnt like I did. :)

If you want to buy used you can go to audioreview.com. You can also find reviews from regular customers there. I checked there but there were no reviews on outlaw receivers.

Good luck
The Outlaw is a Home Theater receiver. Sounds like you are interested in audio. Give the NAD receivers a listen. I would think you would get a much better FM tuner section with the NAD. The amplifier section should be cleaner, because it does not have all the digital chips in the signal path, and it is a dedicated 2 channels instead of 5..
See information on the NAD C740. It is a combination of the separate models C340 integrated amplifier and C440 AM/FM tuner.
Some information is at this link:

http://www.northamptonaudio.com/nad/C740.asp
I recently purchased a system for a friend which included a NAD C-370 integrated ( driving Maggie MMG's). Outstanding amp, I was completely surprised by how good it sounds. If you don't necessarily need the tuner, this is something you might consider. Around $500.