Retro Hi End Trivia Question

Does anyone remember the "Quatre Gain Cell" amplifier?

While thinking about various configurations for my latest "new" system, I found myself daydreaming about the "high end" room of my local dealer when I was still in school:

as I recall, a Thorens turntable with an Infinity black widow arm, the Apt Holman preamp, and Dahlquist DQ 10s and Dahlquist subwoofer driven by the mysterious "Quatre Gain Cell".

It sounded great -- the type of sound and music and fun that got me into this addiction where I am still unsuccessfully chasing the first high....

I would be interested in buying one of these amps for fun to put in a bedroom, but I never see or hear about them.
cwlondon
Launer

Excellent memory and thanks for more high end nostalgia.

I now recall that I borrowed the legendary Rappaport for one weekend from the dealer where I worked during high school.

I remember wondering if it was really any better than my Hafler DH101, and also thinking that I could scramble eggs on top of it if the kitchen stove didnt work.

The Advent receiver - yes I remember that one, too and the cult following for using it as a preamp.

Most people seemed to like the Apt preamp, so I would say you have a contrarian view there.
I have a Quatra DG250. Does anyone have any schematics? One of the channels is dead. Its a black anodized box with led meter on front.
Here is a high end trivia question for the analogue experts:

Circa 1980, there were some Absolute Sound recommended tweaks including:

"Platter Matter" a blue, sticky, sorbothaney platter pad...some other sticky stuff which could be applied in between the headshell and the cartridge, the underside of the platter, or heck - just about anywhere...

...and various after market record clamps including a beautifully machined, black metal clamp with a big silver, spring loaded button in the middle of the clamp.

The silver button expanded and contracted the hole in the clamp to grip the spindle of the turntable.

Could anyone recall what kind of record clamp this was?

Would love to find another one for my vintage collection.

Thank you,
Mr C- One such clamp was the Orsonic Disc Stabilizer(DS-250), which I'm holding in my hand at the moment(black body, silver button and all).
Rodman

Thank you! Searching around Google images, yes, that is exactly the one.

A nice clamp, as I recall and still looks chunky and well made, even by todays standards.

So I might show you a bid should I decide to recreate my classic KD 500 turntable as part of the collection.

Of course will have to find a blue "platter matter" pad and replacement viscous fluid for the trough in the tonearm....

Thanks again.