5751 tubes and Rogue Tempest?

Anyone used 5751 in place of the 12ax7 in a Rogue?
gthirteen
Reynolds853...How did the GL 88's improve your system over the stock tubes? Were your stock tubes EH KT-90's?
Samzx12,

I actually never owned the stock tubes. I ordered the M-180's with the GL KT-88's - they were about a $300 upgrade from the stock EH KT-90's.

I would like to be able to give you a more insightful answer regarding the comparison of the two tubes, but I went with the 88's on instinct and haven't actually compared the 88's to the 90's. I asked the guys that own the local audio shop which they thought I should get and after talking about it they recommended the 88's. I don't recall the attributes they mentioned, but I have been very happy with the 88's. I do find that the combination of the 88's and the RCA small tubes I have make for a very musical system with a very low noise floor... I run the system in triode 99% of the time.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
Thats ok I appreciate you letting me know. I talked to Mark and he suggested the KT-90's in place of the stock tubes so I ordered a quad. He matches and burns them in before shipping. My Tempest II came with 2 sets of quad EH KT-88's and I have no idea how many hours were on them or how matched they are. I have had problems with 2 tubes so I said screw it and ordered a new quad from Rogue.
Samzx12,

You're welcome. When we talked with Rogue about tubing my M-180's we were told that one of the factors influencing Rogue's decision to go to KT-90's was that they were having quality issues with the stock EH KT-88's (no quality issues with the Gold Lion KT-88's however). Your comment about having trouble with two of your tubes may be an yet another example of the quality issues they were seeing.
That's what it sounds like. Mark didn't mention it but was quick to suggest replacing the KT-88's. I think I do remember Kevin Deal talking about the KT-88's on his website.