Best Integrated Tube Amp for 2.5K or Less

Got a pair of ML Aerius i. Love them. Lookin to upgrade my integrated amp... right now I have an NAD 340 (yikes!), and can finally upgrade (YEH!)...

how would you spend your $2500?
128x128dennis_the_menace
A little off this subject but related. Would you think it worthwhile to put a MC2205 on a MA6100. I'm looking for sound quality not looks or loudness.
Mara: point taken. However, validity of point, absent this point of reference, unimpeached. Do an empiric experiment and check with Dennis in two years, do you think he'll be back into SS? Question: how many SS guys move to tubes with similar reactions, notwithstanding the range context here; how many people move from tubes to SS, excluding moves for convenience, and rave about the improvement?
Asa,
From now on i begin to understand that it's not a SS vs. tube issue in general rather than pure and simple bucks. I 100% agree that in 2...6K range VTL amps are standing to be the one of the best and they do beat SS correspondedly. There are different ranges like $400 for instance where probably Creek 4330 is probably the best if used with easy-drivable speaker. Would you find any descent tube amp for $400...500 that will sound descent or better than SS in that range? -- I doubdt.