Integrated Amp for Girlfriend?

Hi Folks:
I want to get an integrated amp for my girlfriend and would value any advice or recommendations. I hope to spend anywhere from $400 to $800 and am open to new or used stuff. I'm particularly interested in an aesthetically cool looking unit - I am considering the Blue Circle CS integrated, for example. She would be very open to tube designs too(she loves my tube gear). Thanks!
John.
128x128outlier
Outliar: What speakers will she be using? Based on this I might be able to make a few integrated tube amp suggestions. Also what is the price of the CS (it is quite attractive as is other BC gear).
Hi, thanks again for all the responses. I don't want to spend too much (rather upgrade my own system :-), so would rather spend in the $600 area. I'm still leaning toward the Blue Circle CS as I think she'll like that most and I'm already a happy Blue Circle owner. I think the CS retails for about $800, but I believe a 20% can be had direct from Blue Circle with shipping included if there's no dealer in one's area. Anyway, I'll think about it further. Speakers would be $300 infinity bookshelfs (can't remember the model # offhand). They should do the job. CD player, will, alas, be either a CD walkman or some cheap Sony DVD player (I know, almost sacrilege, but will get her started - I'm hoping the amp will be the first step toward long term upgrades for her).

Dekay, by the way, in reference to an older thread, I took your advice and got loads of IKEA Lack tables for my components - they work so well - I cut all but 3 inches off the legs. Thanks for this cost effective idea (so cheap, that the shipping cost more than the tables :-) Cheers,
John.
I've a correction on the CS price - Blue Circle told me the retail is $1195, and with discount would be $920 plus $25 for shipping, if there's no dealer in the area. So, looks a bit pricey. I've pulled out an old Harmon Kardon receiver (AV10) from my garage that I may give her to get her going ($200 on jewelery may work better as a gift than a $950 amp that she'll only half appreciate ;-)
It may not have tubes or the required "coolosity" but Creek makes some of the best products in the price range.
Problem solved !

Email Walter Liederman at underwoodwally@aol.com for
details on the Jolida 1501RC, a sweet integrated hybrid
amp that costs under $600. I just bought one and it
sings. Your girlfriend would be very happy. Pair it
with a MMF-CD25 (Music Hall) CD player ($500) and you've
got the makings of a near-audiophile system.

Tom, Nashville