Amp Upgrade - 3k to 4k used?

Hi Folks:
I’m thinking of upgrading my amps and would value some advice. I currently have Blue Circle BC2 Monos. I’ve been really happy with them, but the upgrade bug is starting to bite again. I could spend about $3k to $4k on the used market. I’m particularly keen on tube amps (especially low powered SET), but not sure if my speakers would be efficient enough. I know my CD player is a little old too, but don’t think an upgrade here will get me a big bang for the buck. I’ll also consider upgrading IC and SC as well a little later on, but want really really good stuff (FIM or Valhalla likely). Another option may be to get a Shunyata Hydra. The rest of my system is:

Audio Physic Virgo II (89Db efficiency, I think)
Sonic Frontiers Line III – (but expecting delivery of Supratek Chardonnay in a month or so).
YBA CD 1a
Nordost SPM IC & OTA Sakura IC
OTA Sakura Speaker Cable
3 Shunyata Sidewinder Power Cords, 2 YBA Diamond Power Cords, 1 pair of Bybee IC Filters, FIM outlets.

All advice and recommendations welcome. Thanks,
John.
128x128outlier
The Hydra will do wonders-it did for me anyway. Do you have dedicated outlets with iso grounds? That'll help to. I had a pair of Virgo II's for 3 years. A single BAT VK60 drove the heck out of them. However, I've heard running 2 in mono is even better. good luck...
John -

You might consider a pair of Atma-Sphere M-60's with a pair of Paul Speltz's "Zero" autoformers. This will give you true OTL magic, and you'll still be able to drive your 4-ohm Virgos. OTL's do some things better than other amps.

Sounds like a wonderfully enjoyable quest you're on. Best of luck to you!

Duke
Try the Classe CA-201 or CA-301. These amplifiers are musical, dimensional, transparent have row upon row of layering and the uncanny ability to flesh-out varying instrument and vocal tones/color like the real thing. Great staging --depth, height and width. Fully balanced (works great with SF pre's --particularly the Line-3), also SE inputs, bridgeable, gobs of current and simply does not lose control with virtually any speaker or at any volume level --it always remains musical, composed and focused. A great bargain and built to a very high quality --inside and out. You won't be disappointed.

peter jasz
Ain't it amazing Ric!!! Duke gives great advice- a truly valued member here. ~Tim