Whats better? a digital amp or a linear amp

just shopping around and wanted to get your opinion
bigtom
Tom: what's better is what sounds better to YOU. Different combinations work differently in different situations so you have to experiment. Myself I'm as skeptical about switching amps as I am "digital anything else" but that's just my own admitted prejudice & I've never actually tried one. Imin liked it, Harmon didn't - I rest my case.
My Mom has the HCA-2 that drives her Joseph RM 25MKII. At one time I would have agreed with every word Harmon said.
Then I fixed her up with a very good PC and an isolation stand for Her amp. Now I agree word for word with Imin2u. It is also possible that it was breaking in as well. IMO, this is a very impressive amp for $1600. Still can't do what tubes do. I will say this, Besides for power I like it better than my friends Pass 350. So does he, he just won't admit it.
To Brulee

Respectfully, listen to the Ear-2 amp and you will change your mind again. The HCA-2 amp is good but the Ear-2 is far better.
Thanks Harmon, if i have the chance to do so i will give it a listen. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.