Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
I haven't lied about an audio purchase only because I am new to the hobby.

I have lied about the following:
Suits and sportcoats (that's not new, I'm bringing it back from the cleaners)
Golf equipment (honey, that putter was less than $25 - honest)
Handguns (dear, I couldn't pass up a 9mm Beretta for $250)
Assorted toys (I didn't buy those, the Palm Pilot and GPS were provided my employer)
And other stuff too numerous to mention.

I am shopping for some new speakers and I am still working on a method to work them into the house without attracting too much attention - do you think she'll believe that a pair of Meadowlark Shearwaters cost $500?!
Um...I got divorced in order to avoid this issue...or was it because of it?...
All the time, I told her that I paid $5000.00 for Revel Ultima Salons. $2000.00 for a BAT 50se. $800.00 for a EMC-1 up. $700.0 for a SCD-1. 1200.00 for a Pass x350 and 500.00 for Kharma Grand reference speaker cable. I lie all the time and I will never stop!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not sure if I ever deceived my wife, but I am guilty of selecting the more appropriate time to advise her that I have been looking at new equipment and that the situation was opportune. Not received a negative response, I moved forward. Well, older, wiser and coming off addiction, I have learned to share the amount that is in my budget and openly announce the next purchase. As the system has reached a stopping off point-- yes, I am one purchase away from getting off the merry-go-round (I kept my last system for 18 years)-- my wife has started to listening to my system as well as the kitchen system. In fact, she has even learned to turn it on. So, deception is not the way. Omission and inclusion work much better.
I told her that I found these B&W Nautilus 801 just sitting by the sidewalk and so I hauled them in. Gave her some story about the UPS truck must've dropped them while in transit.