Best used 5 channel amp for under $3k?

I am looking to upgrade my home theater amp. Currently, I am running Revel Performa speakers (M20s, etc.) with a B&K Ref 50 processor/pre-amp and an assortment of generally inadequate amps.

I am looking for the best used 5 channel amp available in the $2500 ballpark. My use is 60% movie / 40% music. I am considering the Classe CAV-180 and the Bryson 9B-SST. I insist on having balanced XLR inputs. Any thoughts on these two amps or other alternatives in this price range? Thanks.
bruce328i
EAD, Sunfire Signature, Aragon, or Cinepro. EAD being the best sounding of the bunch.
Thanks to everyone for the great advise and education. I particularly liked Hockey and Aballs' characterization of "warm & emotional" amps vs. "clean & clinical" amps.

....well, I chose an amp that no one mentioned.......

The Krell KAV-500. The decision was based on finding the right deal, plus what I think is a great match for my speakers. This Krell certainly fits more into the "clean and clinical" camp. As much as I love Classe amps, I feel that my "warm" Revel M20s are better matched with an amp like Krell or Bryston. If I were using speakers like B&K Nautilus than I would have certainly chosen a warmer amp like Classe, Proceed, or BAT. Bottom line, it seems best to power warmer/richer speakers with more clean, clinical amps and vice versa.

I am surprised that no one mentioned Krell. For some reason, Krell doesn't seem to get much respect anymore. Its almost like their powerful brand name cache has caused a backlash whereby everyone wants to own a more "boutique" product rather than the powerful beast that is Krell. Curious if folks feel that criticisms of Krell on this web site are valid or just irrational dislike for a hifi brand name that has become too ubiquitous in a hobbyist world that prides itself on individualism???

For what its worth, I was impressed with how many mentions EAD recieved. I never had the pleasure of seeing or hearing these amps, but will now be on the lookout for them.
Bruce - my first multichannel amp was the KAV-500. I use my system 70/30 for music, and the Krell drove my (then) NHT 2.9's SO much better than the receiver it replaced. When I upgrade my front speakers to the Dynaudio Contour line, it still sounded pretty good, but then I put a KAV-250a up front for the L/R and that opened them up a lot. I've since replaced the KAV-250a with an FPB-200c. I've kept the KAV-500 for the center and surrounds throughout. Someday (always someday!) we'll redo our basement and I'll do 7.1 for HT, utilizing the two extra KAV-500 channels I currently have.

Yes, there are those of us who still like Krell a lot. Lots of negative comments in these parts about Krell and the like, but for HT and for the music I like (and the speakers I like) they're superb. I think every hobby has the successful brands that become the target of others in the hobby. Luckily, we don't have all listen to the same system, the same music, and we don't all have to hate HT. -Kirk
Bruce, I have the krell kav-500 in my system also and it is a great amp. I had a krell ksa-250 for my mains so I added the kav-500 for center and rears. I have not listened to anything else I would rather have at any price.