Best of both worlds?

If you used a powered sub (such as a Vandersteen 2Wq w/ an external corssover) along with a tube amp, would you effectively have the "best of both worlds" or would your SS sub amp get too much of a low-end sonic signature from the tube amp.
128x128nrenter
The sub should be fed from the preamp (not the amp), thus eliminating any sonic signature from the amp (which would probably be minimal).
I believe the Vandersteen 2Wq like the REL ST series, but unlike the Vandersteen V2W is meant to accept a high level signal from the speaker binding posts of your power amp.

I'm not sure what you mean by best of both worlds though.
Gunbei,

He means the midrange of the tube amp (which is powering the main speakers), and the bass slam of an SS amp (since the subs are self-powered SS).
Ahh, I see. Yes, I think it's very possible to have the best of both worlds.
I have a sonic fontiers line 1 and sonic frontiers sfs-80 amp. I added a Paradigm servo 15 with the x30 xover. The mid's and hi's I notice had less detail since the addition. Is this because the xover is SS and in between the tube pre and power amps? I have now disconnected the sub and thinking of trying a Y connector at the pre amp, one end feeding the power amp,other end to the xover and set the cut off to the sub at 35-40Hz.(main's response is at that region). Has anyone tried this with success?