Parasound Halo JC-1

I was wondering how these amps preformed and sounded compared to other great amps like mark levinson ect......
worldcat
I used the prototype to the JC-1s at the CES two years ago with the Wind River's bigger brother, the Tetons as showed with Rick Reimer.....We called the amp the CTC BBQ and it worked pretty well, but think we had a bit too much damping factor for the port Rick had used with the Tetons......He had the port set for the tube amps and the small Claytons he uses there so the bass was a bit too tight for my tastes......I would shoot Rick an email to get his thoughts before you plunk down any money on a set of Levinsons, Claytons or Parasounds.....I drove the CES system to Wyoming so Rick could hear it before the show and we both were pretty pleased with the result.......
Duke/Bob

Duke - thanks for taking the time to check the website (it's easy to understand why your input is so valued.) Using my newly acquired Radio Shack SPL meter, for my ears, up to 70 dB the Reimers image and soundstage very well but the music lacks life (no toe-tapping) however, at 70 dB things really come together. I did the measurements using a Cantus (men's chorus,)Charlie Hunter (jazz quintet - he plays an 8-string guitar and is well worth a listen. I've heard him live here in Philly a couple of times and recommend him highly,) and Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon.) Since I live in an apartment in Philly I tend to listen at lower levels. I hope that answers your question. If you want more info, I'll be happy to provide it.

Bob - can you explain more about the port being set for tube amps. I know he uses either a Welbourne Laurel IIx or a Clayton S-40 for his listening. Other than the bass being too tight, what were your impressions of the Tetons? Have you had a chance to hear the new versions with the ribbon tweeter?

Thanks,

Bill
Garbage, as anything else that can came from that crew. Although, if you are in ML domain then it would be “your” amp.

Good luck,
Romy the Cat
Talk to Rick Reimer is the best bet rather than folks with little or no experience with the speakers you have.....The Tetons we used had Morel tweeters BTW....