Mating Tube pre's with SS amps

I'm about to buy either a Levinson 334 or Classe 200 mono's. I have a Mccormack RLD-1 pre. After many hours spent in these forum I've decide that a tubed pre will best suit my taste. All sources go through a Levinson 360S. The main reason for choosing tube preamplification is the holographic soundstage the good one's claim to acheive. I've also considered the Pass X1 for this reason. Another reason is that I've noticed many successful systems use this combination of tubes and SS. Now, for those of you who have chosen a similar path, with a neutral amp, can I expect to reap the benefits of tubes, the 3-D image, liquid mids, etc, while maitaining SS control and a degree of neutality over euphonics. I so want a tube pre to ruin the benefits of resolution the 360S brings to the table. Thanks.
sjh32
sjh32....i chose the same path about a year ago when i bought my goldmund 29m and paired it with an audio tekne 'simona' tubed preamp..which is better then any i have heard or had in my other systems..there is the benefits you mentioned with a combination of ss amp/tubed preamp.i think you are on the right road.
I am looking ahead at my future systems (I love doing that) and have decided that I will do the same. I have my sights set on a McIntosh C2200 which has all the features I want and a glorious sound. I have heard it in two solid-state-amp systems (McIntosh 352 first then BAT VK200) and the sound was some of the best I have heard ever both times. The current issue of hifi+ also raves about it and the article matches my sentiments EXACTLY as far as its sound goes. Soon...soon..... IMO, I think you are on the right track too. The only qualm I have with the idea is that there could be some impedance mismatch problems. It would be better to have SS preamp and tube amp ideally but I think it is easy enough to match anyway so I won't worry about that. Let us know what you decide! Arthur
No need to worry about resolution with the right tube pre. Audio Research does a good job here. Some tubophiles though don't them their gear tubey enough but all the resolution, soundstaging and smoothness are there. This is my second tube preamp, ARC LS 16, and the improvement over any SS pre I've used is impressive. I didn't want to lose resolution or dynamics either and none are lost. Everything got better. There's apparently many flavors of tube gear and you'll have to make your own choices. Accuracy of sound would best sum up the ARC pre I now use.
Im also planning to get a tube pre amp as well for a ROKSAN
CASPIAN Power amp.I dont know if this will be the right
path for the ROKSAN though????Guys ...Need your advise