VTL Tetrode/Triode

I'm just curious if any VTL amp owners (I have a MB-450) with triode/tetrode switchability have any preference for one or the other mode, depending on the type of music one is listening to.

Even though some music is a no-brainer (e.g., a Mozart piano trio sounds much better in triode mode, and a Mahler symphony sounds better in tetrode), sometimes I'm hard pressed to choose. Small-scale jazz or blues can sound good in either mode.

Any thoughts?
hgabert
My MB-450 have the MIT caps, I'm not sure if they differ a lot from infini caps in terms of sound reproduction.

I agree, power reserves are crucial. (I just find it astonishing that 220 watts for small-scale music might not be enough). However, all of the clues certainly point in that direction. And I'll give the Sonny Rollins "Way out West" a spin as well in both tetrode and triode. That should be interesting.

So, what to do? Get the MB-750s, or more efficient speakers, or keep everything the same and listen to tetrode mode? The audio hobby just doesn't appear to have an end to it.
Hgabert wrote My MB-450 have the MIT caps, I'm not sure if they differ a lot from infini caps in terms of sound reproduction.
my reply was "If your VTL doesn't have the infini caps currently I would highly recommended you get them installed they are a rather significant improvement in my system for sure." my amps had MIT caps they sound like completly different amps now much better everywhere with infini caps.
Mine don't even have the MultiCaps (MIT caps), they just have the yellow "VTL" caps. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the InfiniCaps, as VTL uses, or the DynamiCaps, both of which are made by TRT. I described where I was sonically and where I wanted to go to both Peter Moncrieff (the manufacturer) and Michael Percy (the retailer) and they unanimously recommended the slightly more expensive DynamiCaps, but that was before I switched to the KT-88EH's and made some changes regarding the input tubes (including adding tube dampers) which went a ways toward addressing the brightness I was hearing in tetrode. VTL officially prefers the Infinis, while Moncrieff's comments seemed to imply that they were flatter in their response than the DynamiCaps, which from his description sound like they're probably a bit more 'tailored' in their response, but in a way that he apparently thinks better serves the music in many circuits and systems...scary choice ;^)
Thanks. I will, for sure, look into the infini caps. This seems like a logical, first step to take. I really appreciate the feedback from everybody.

the infini caps VTL uses are custom made to different specs for VTL they aren't off the shelf infini caps