Stupid question of the day: Should I leave Amp on?

Hi.... almost afraid to ask: do people switch off their equipment or leave it powered 24/7? I have a mid-fi Acurus A250 and LS11 Amp Preamp and am not sure what is wore: switch it off every evening or leave it powered?
Would be great to hear what the experts have to say,
Tnx
yellowshock
Dr. Joe. My Philips 963SA DVD/SACD goes into standy mode when the power is shut off. IMHO, if something hardly draws any power it should probably be left on. Besides costing almost nothing, with little current it could take a very long time for the components to warm up.
Joel:

In my experience it is more important to leave the DAC on than the transport. The DAC takes days to get going - mine takes ten days to sound right! I'm serious. My transport is usually good after a couple of hours. With a one box player I would be very tempted to leave it on the whole time for the DAC's sake.
I ultimately had to decide that burning the tubes for hundreds of hours when I am not listening is too high a price to pay for the small, but precious, number of enhanced listening hours. Have left on solid state equipment, without the same misgivings, since there is not the more obvious aging seen with tubes, and lack of a power switch seems to be a hint from the manufacturers when it doesn't worry them.
Dweller: Your post didn't come across as a "funny" to me. Other than that, i wasn't "gouging" on you or what you said, but was asking who / what / where you were drawing your references from and went on to explain why i had the thoughts that i did. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Sean
>
conrad-johnson recommends turning thier tube products off when not in use.claims it causes pre-mature tube failure.