my $686 stereo system, laugh if you want...

I have just finished establishing my $686 stereo system. Laugh if you want, but I am enjoying my tunes on my vintage system. Audio Research D-100A amp, Audio Research SP-4A pre-amp(very cool stuff) both $50 at yard sale, Mistral CD player $84 at pawn shop, ADS L710 speakers(garage sale $10) rebuilt for $200, Luxman 110 tuner, $10 at thrift shop, Mirage PS-12-180 sub woofer $300 on Audiogon, radio shack Fusion IC $12 Ebay, and Monster Cable speaker wire $20 at Best Buy. Sounds good. Sarah Brightman, Bonnie Raitt, Sarah McLaclin all sounding good.
bottomsup
My friend the enjoyment in your system cannot be measured in dollars...looks like you have already figured that out!!
Laughing with you, not at you!

Great sleuthing for good gear at a great price, congratulations.
I started 20 years ago with 686, now way passed 68600...it was simpler and fun back then ,now it`s a disease..do it again? YES
YES! Someone who gets it!!
This whole audio thing is all about FUN and enjoyment! How many with limitless budgets spend limitless hours agonizing over equipment. There a lot of unhappy campers who spent BIG
bucks;just look thru Audigon.
I prefer to spend my money very wisely, and spend my time
LISTENING to music.
My best buy : found an unlabeled pair of older,well made speakers at the thrift shop. Bought them, did my internet
research and found out they were absolutely Dynaco A25's.
Cost : SIX bucks. Sound? quite incredible. Listening to
CSNY's Deja Vu was a revelation as to how wonderful the
human voice can sound, along with a full,rich, yet extremely
emotional overall sound.
These are so good its silly....Lots of great sound.... and a smile on my face!
Atomickid: Also had a pair of Dynaco A25 speakers that I found at a garage sale for $10. What a great sounding pair of speakers for their size. Still a good following for them. Sold them for $85. Helped pay for some of my other stuff.