my $686 stereo system, laugh if you want...

I have just finished establishing my $686 stereo system. Laugh if you want, but I am enjoying my tunes on my vintage system. Audio Research D-100A amp, Audio Research SP-4A pre-amp(very cool stuff) both $50 at yard sale, Mistral CD player $84 at pawn shop, ADS L710 speakers(garage sale $10) rebuilt for $200, Luxman 110 tuner, $10 at thrift shop, Mirage PS-12-180 sub woofer $300 on Audiogon, radio shack Fusion IC $12 Ebay, and Monster Cable speaker wire $20 at Best Buy. Sounds good. Sarah Brightman, Bonnie Raitt, Sarah McLaclin all sounding good.
bottomsup
Atomickid: Also had a pair of Dynaco A25 speakers that I found at a garage sale for $10. What a great sounding pair of speakers for their size. Still a good following for them. Sold them for $85. Helped pay for some of my other stuff.
oh so you think you got me beat eh, I bought a $55.00 three disc with tuner and double cassette at Ames before it went out of business. Made by none other than Philips, and it even has a remote.
Cody
you got some great deals and i will bet it does indeed sound good. Call me next time your neighbor has a yard sale!
Bottomsup: You did a GREAT job and i bet your system sounds phenomenally good for the money spent. I thought i was good at finding "killer deals", but you've got me beat by a long-shot!!! Hat's off to you, your system and the spirit of "bang for the buck" audio that everyone seems to enjoy. I've had more fun and better results building killer "budget" systems than i ever did dumping measurably more cash into this "hobby" : )

Other than that, i'm with Brent ( Brainwater ). If people around you are selling that kind of gear for those prices at garage sales, flea markets and pawn shops, i need to spend more time in your neck of the woods : ) Sean
>