New Lamm M1.2 vs. M1.1

I'm considering going the Lamm route to drive Wilson WP7's. The Lamm hybrid looks like it could be a good match.

Has anyone had the chance to listen to the new M1.2 hybrid amp? How does it compare to the now obsolete M1.1?

Thanks,

Bob
audio_nirvana
Hi Bob, Have you tried the Bat 150se mono amps yet? Not only will you double the wattage of the 75se, you also will double the energy storage to 1200 joules. At the same time you cut the output impedance in half. These factors will improve the bottom end performace considerably over what you heard with the stereo 75se. Also all of the other qualities (organic) that you enjoyed with the 75se will be improved upon. If you decide to go the Tenor hybrid route please audition them before you buy. While the opinions of others regarding the Tenor hybrid mono or stereo amp should be considered I urge you to please listen and decide for yourself. I recently auditioned side by side the Tenor OTL against the Tenor Hybrid and in my IMO the OTL's sounded much much more like real music then the hybrid. All the best! Tom
I think you should really go to the ML 1.1 the tube ones. not the solid state. if you hear the ML1, now 1.1, you will see what I mean. I had two pairs at one time, sold them, regretted eversince. my only complaint is that with only 90 watts, speaker selection should be considered. amazing amps. amazing.!!! I would even go as far as to get rid of my wilsons to find a more suitable speaker for the Lamm. however, Lamm will rec your speakers with the 1.1 also. Heard the exquisite by Kharma?
Bob: check out this link:

http://www.shows.soundstagelive.com/shows/ces2004/standout_lamm.shtml
Thanks to everyone for your input.

Mike: The Tenor's would be a consideration but next to impossible to audition and out of my price range. Impossible to find used since they just came out.

Tom: I really liked the BAT and probably should have tried to find another.

Lotuss: I've also considered the 90 W tube Lamm but fear I'll run into the same issues I had with the BAT VK75SE.

I've heard the Kharma 3.2 with the Tenor 3.2's and EMM front end. The Kharma's were nice but lacked bottom end extension. I'm sure the Exquisite's are incredible but at a whole different price point.

Rgairns: Thanks for the link.
Bob, the JC-1s take lots of break-in so put some old tubes in your preamp and let it play 24/7 for thirty days and the thin sound will disappear and it slams into focus at about two months 24/7 of music.....The WP7 to my ears is the best WP since the W3P2 so the Parasounds should be a decent match as have similar speakers here.....If you are using balanced the connectors in the JC-1 are bright for the first thirty days and mellow out after that.....Enjoy your new speakers!