Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Also, the suspension on the 10inch woofer has been stiffened and the driver itself has been upgraded. Its HARD for any woffer to keep up with the speed of Heils, especially the big Heil.

UHF mag in Montreal does not accept advertising, so are very trustworthy IMHO.

Contact me and I will send the article, even if its just for an informative read.
Hey Matt,

I think the Pearl 3 should be added to your audition list. The top cab that houses the midbass/tweeter is rear ported, but this should have very little effect with what you are trying to accomplish. The bass cabs are not rear ported.

These are very special speakers in that they provide a most expansive and very accurate soundstage, yet the artists are presented with energy, and "in the room" at the same time. I have never heard another speaker do both of these things so well.
Old UnitedHomeaudio website, from when they used to carry the brand:

http://www.unitedhomeaudio.com/id101.htm
Pearl is another good speaker. Matt, did you ever sniff out the Behold stuff? Interesting design concepts....

Despite the obvious psychiatric issues I referenced earlier, Matt should be congratulated for his zeal and opening up his cyber lab allowing us losers to feed our voyeuristic tendencies....