Tube amp for Avalon Eidolon ?

I have no experience with tubes, and want to give them a try on my Avalon Eidolon (not diamonds) speakers (87 dB sensitivity, 4 ohm nominal, 3.6 ohm minimum). I'm using dCS Elgar + Purcel front end and currently not using a pre-amp, cardas neutral reference cables. I listen mostly to jazz, some classical, some rock.

Looking for suggestions on tube amp(s), preferably with balanced inputs, but not mandatory. I'm willing to spend some money, up to say $15k, and will probably try to buy used.

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Thanks. John.
johnax
Johnax

CAT JL2 sounds absolutely fantastic with dSC Elgar Plus and Avalon Eidolon.
VAC Vintage high power 100/100 or VAC PHI.
BAT VK Monos work too if you replace the leaky Jensen caps.
It's the quality that matters :)

To the person who is using SF Power 3s:
You are missing out a lot.
Lets see up to $15K....hummm, thats easy a pair of 800MK Cayin mono blocks along with Cayin's top of the line tube pre amp, both for under $6K....lets see you still have another 9K to spend. Heck take that 9K go to europe with your family for a week, while you are there drop in any Cayin dealer and pick up the units there.

Nice....really nice....

Paul
In my experience you only get the magic of valves with efficient speakers.This is regardless of the power of the valve amps.
I think you are chasing rainbows really.The low sensitivity and complex crossovers of your speakers means they will never be an optimal match with valves.
If you are wanting a more valve like sound you should probably listen to something like the Nu Force amps [or digital types] and look to use them with a good tube preamp like the 300B Supratek Grange.

JT
My experince with the Avalon/Atma-Sphere; or CAT; or Joule has been quite magical. These tubed amps have proven to have ample power in the systems I have heard them. I agree some tube applications may be maxed out with a speaker such as the Eidelon, but these refered to higher powered amps have extremely musical presentations with exemplary extension...competing with some fine solid state products in their realm of respectability.