New Management at Atma-Sphere Music Systems

128x128wellfed
For those of you wondering, I can be contacted at info@renditionaudio.com. The phone number is 651-695-5552.

Rendition Audio will be introducing a new amplifier at CES, continuing the work of 27 years at Atma-Sphere.

-Ralph (former moniker was Atmasphere)
I certaily wish Ralph the best and hope his new designs don't fence in the customers too much. We don't need another super expensive amplifier. Inginuity doesn't have to be expensive.

And lets hope Atmasphere remains relatively stable. They are really good amplifiers.
Ralph,
Congratulations and good luck. If you recall, I used to own the Navacrons and had worked with you to modify them over the years. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Regards,
Chris
After speaking with Ralph Karsten this morning it sounds like the intention of Rendition Audio is too provide products that are highly competitive in performance AND price.

The new designs will also use balanced differential OTL topologies.

His first product will be an amp with a form factor similar to the classic M-60 design along with style elements reminiscent of the Novacron design.

Ralph also indicated that it will include some advances involving ease of setup and a new metering scheme.

I am not sure if he has plans to introduce a preamp, but I think it logical to assume that he will. I am pretty excited to see what his product plans are.
Ralph Karsten was the most valuable asset Atma-Sphere Musical Systems possessed. His departure is saddening and somewhat troubling to me. It was always Ralph's personal integrity, his vision and his sense of musical accuracy and truthfulness that made Atma-Sphere such a wonderful company and its products so exquisitely special.

I'm still waiting to see some overt and wholehearted endorsement from Ralph of the "continuing" management team at Atma-Sphere, and some direct indication from Ralph that he will be contributing his design talent to the company on a continuing basis beyond the quotes attributed to him in the A-S press release. Until then, Atma-Sphere without Ralph is an open question for me, just as would be the case with any other highly specialized firm that is the creation of the genius of its founder, designer and visionary.