Pass labs X600

Hello

I would like to know, what amp from another manufacturer is comparable to the Quality and potencial of the Pass X600 regardles of price. What amp can be consider to be as good as the X600. I'm in the market for a pair of monoblocks, but seems that I won't be able to find any X600 any time soon, so I need another options? Also what make Pass labs X600 so heavy? is it worth the weight?Any help will be apreciated before I make a decision.

Armando
armandito
Since you are getting no responses, I will give you a couple to try out, that are found relatively often on Audiogon.

Either the Levinson 33's or the 33H's.
Both have been very well reviewed.

They don't have the power of the Pass X600's, but they certainly have the credentials as being sonically good as a solid state amp can be. (Do you need that much power by the way? What are you driving?)

Also, VTL makes some pretty nice tube amps that have similar power to the Pass X600's. The Reference 750's are what Albert Porter is now using to good effect with his Soundlabs, and my friend is using the MB-450's with his Eidolons. (The MB-450's sound great, and will not clip, even when driving his speakers to very loud listening levels with very large symphonic pieces of music!)

Just a couple of possibilities.

Good Luck in your search!
Pass is the best because they are heavy, hot, sharp, and emit that blue light that is universally attractive to the male species. Krell also has the blue light, but there is more of it with Pass, so that makes them better. The Pass are selling at a little over $22 per pound or $11 per watt, so that is pretty good.

Seriously, the Pass is a great deal, and they are always offered on audiogon or ebay. Although some people may say that the x600 did not quite do it for them, I've yet to hear anyone bad mouth the things. In the end, you probably just need to either listen to the stuff yourself, or roll the dice and order something. It's doubtful that people can help you at this level.

Rob