Mixing Tenor hybrid with SS multichannel for HT ?

Has anyone ever tried mixing a Tenor (or Lamm) hybrid tube amp being used primarily for 2 channel music, with a SS multichannel amp for home theater use ?

As I try to finalize a decision for a 2 channel amp for my audio room under construction, I realize that there is a chance down the road that my growing kids will want multi-channel sound for home theater in that room as well. Trust me, a second room is out of the question for some time, yet, I don't want to compromise on the music side now. Would going the route of a Tenor or Lamm hybrid now make it difficult to mate with SS amps down the road for HT ? I don't want to get into multichannel at this time.
thom_y
you guys are great !

yeah, the 99 volume scares me (a disaster waiting to happen) ... how much does a Jena switch box go for ? are there other high-quality switchers that are cheaper than Jena that are unlikely to degrade the output ?
On my DCC2 the volume level is "input specific" and retained for that selection. For example, if you have the analog input set to "99" for the HT pass through, when you switch to a digital input, the volume also changes to the last value selected for that digital input. There really is no danger is setting the DCC2 input to "99" for HT pass through and accidentally blowing your system up if you switched to a digital input on the DCC2. Even the digital inputs themselves retain a separate volume level for each input- AES/EBU, Coax, Fiber, etc.

What I plan to do is set my levels in my HT processor for the rest of the system and then raise the volume on the DCC2 until the main/front L&R levels are the same as the surround channels. Once adjusted, I'll just leave that volume setting on the DCC2 to that value, and everytime I select the analog input it will be set for me. This way I keep all the internal levels on my HT processor the same.

I hope this helps.
Good point! You are absolutely correct that it does that. Then really the only issue would be if your children, or other adults can/want/should switch the preamp setting or should they only operate the HT setup.
Hey Thom, I can't figure out what speakers you have.

What will these amplifiers be driving?
D edwards,

Any suggestions ...

I still can't make up my mind ...

right now I don't have any equipment ... I have a room that is half ready (framed, awaiting completion of electrical rough-in, HVAC almost complete, speaker wire still to be installed for future surrounds, then insulation, the double gyprock, sound isolation clips, oh I forgot the poured concrete for the floating floor, the light valance etc.) So, to be honest there is still no rush on picking speakers, amps, or a source component.

I haven't even firmly decided on the Tenor hybrid, but it remains my favorite of the things I have auditioned (of course the Kharma Exquisite Midi's and Audio Aero Capitole probably helped out when I listened to the Tenor in Montreal in the factory).