Capacitor-less amps

I've read some amps have no capacitors. Is this a good design?
samuellaudio
Just FYI, an amplifier without COUPLING capacitors (ie without capacitors in the signal path) is called direct-coupled. All the direct-coupled amps I know of (but I don't get around much) are solidstate. All tubed amps I'm aware of have at least one coupling cap per channel in the signal path.
A DC-coupled amp is really a DC power supply with analog command input, and a high slew rate. In fact, many years ago a power supply manufacturer demonstrated his product at a trade show by playing music through it. Subsequently, some audio amp manufacturers took this approach.

I have a couple of old Kenwood L07M amps that are direct coupled, and they do sound really good dispite their age (or should I say "vintage").
My SS amp has Output transformers and it sounds swell. Caps? Who knows and who cares? Listen for the music, not how you get there. "I have 6 large for a new amp, what, oh what, should I buy?" Gee whiz Wally, listen to a NAD first, perhaps blindly, Then commit if you Must. Just my .02, I could be wrong.
Look carefully at the design of all amps that claim "no caps in the signal path" and you will find lurking in the shadows the power supply caps. They are in the "signal path". The only designs that I am aware of where this is not the case are topologies like the parafeed and ultrapath and like designs which use a high quality film type to get around the caps in the power supply.