Which is better, Jolida or Cayin?

I want to ask what your opinions are on these two integrated tube amps. The two amps are:
Jolida Modified JD-202a, modified by Underwood HiFi
The TAD-Cayin TA-30, also modified, by 2baudio.com

Who has a better circut design? Or transformers? And over all build quality?

Thanks.
whocares73
True Audiogons search engine only looks for keywords in the title. However the Audio Asylum's search engine is completely different. It looks for references in text.

Type in Silverline, Cary or Kavent and if the word is ANYWHERE in the text it appears. They are archived back to 1999, which I suppose is when the Asylum stated.

Nothing before March of 2004. Look at Kavent feedback here at Audiogon and you find they got their first feedback in March of this year.

Like I've said if you have read "lots of negative quality reports on Kavent". I'd like to see some references. I haven't found even one much less lots of negative reports over several years.

Are you sure you don't have Kavent mixed up with some other company selling Chinese?

I do see where you are coming from though. The Chinese manufacturers only in the last couple of years have began to enter the US market. Unfortunatly rebadging of Chinese products, cheap OEM chinese products and some outright scams that preceded the recent Chinese 'invasion' have given them a undeserved bad rep.

The top Chinese companies manufacturering and selling their own equipment generally is very good quality. There are some second and third tier Chinese companies like Dared that you mentioned should probably be avoided.

Anyway, my apology for coming down on you so hard.

Best Wishes Maxx
Maxx - just wanted to comment briefly - from where I sit, I think you've taken parts of my posting out of context and have worked some of my comments over to make something more of them than what was said. If you want to discuss further, please contact me offline. You must be strongly interested in this topic, I really have little stake in it.

The Kavent comments came in a thread here that was not archived by the moderators. Some people had noticed the brand popping up on Ebay, and some people reported they had bought them or knew people who had bought them and had quality problems with their units. I don't surf the Asylum, and I don't have Kavent mixed up. The fact that the negative comments don't appear here anymore has more to do with the site's moderation and archiving practices than it does the brand. It really doesn't matter to me.
Thanks for all the opinions. I will also be looking at some used Cary, SLA-70. But I am still open to Jolida and Cayin.
"Better" is a purely subjective term. I will tell you that I've had the modded Cayin TA-30 from Paul at Bizzy Bee for about a year now and I'm extremely satisfied with it. It is now my permanent power source. While I still find myself reading and thinking about speaker upgrades and turntable/cartridge upgrades, since I first hooked up the Cayin my search for a new power source was done. It's modest 30 wpc rating actually belies its ability to drive speakers with authority and control. You know, I'm pretty sure Paul offers a trial period or "money back" deal (with a modest re-stocking fee), so you might want to take the chance to audition the TA-30 in-home. I did, and I've not looked back. Good luck.
Another plus for the TA-30. Before I recieved my Europas, it actually drove a pair of NHT VT-2s with no difficulty whatsoever. Truly amazing power from a 35 watt amp. And beautifully built to boot!