Mcintosh MA 6900 integrated vs Mcintosh separates?

How does the MA6900 integrated compare to the Mcintosh separates, specifically the combo of the C46/MC402 and the C2200/MC402.

I am using B&W Signature 805 speakers.

Thanks
benfmd
I auditioned the MA6900 back-to-back with the C46/402 combo (with B&W N803) and the latter is definately better. However it also costs twice as much! I wouldn't say it was twice as good - they were quite similar overall - but there was more detail and ambience with the combo. That same day, we also played with the C45/252 combo and I think it was closer to the C46/402 than 6900 in terms of amount of detail. Otherwise, very very similar. Arthur
I am delighted to own the MC402 and the C2200 pre-amp combo. They really make my Meadowlark Blue Heron II's sing. I've had Pass Labs,Plinius, and several other high end amp, pre-amp combos. This is the most coherent, musical, accurate sound I've ever had. Haven't heard the MA6900, but this current line of Mcintosh equipment is a lot of quality sound for the money. Good luck.
Joe
I was using the MA6900 for awhile & now have upgraded to a MC352+Supratek Chardonnay triode pre .

MA6900 is an excellent integrated which will get you quite close to a C46+MC402. But i would take the C2200 over the C46. The c2200 will give you the so called tube ' MAGIC ' & will be more natural sounding IMO. Ofcourse this depends very much on your tastes.

Sometime ago I was auditioning the the MA6900 & we
by-passed the built in C42 pre in the MA6900 & connected the C2200 in the same system. The improvement was NOT subtle .Everything sounded "MUCH" better.

My speakers are also 87db ( TDL ref. monitors ) . I was using the Amp section of the MA6900 with the Supratek for a while. When i upgrated to the MC352 the main differences i noticed were in the Dynamics & bass. I did not expect
a big difference given that the MA6900 is 200W . But the 350W was really what my speakers needed i guess as the improvement in the bass area was HUGE. The TDL's are
rated 18hz-20Khz so this was a real bonus.

My suggestion to you would be to audition both combinations Vs the MA6900.If i were to do it again i would skip the integrated & go for the separates.
It really is worth the difference. Good luck !