Integrated amp to drive ProAc 1sc

I am looking for suggestions on Tube or ss integrated amps to drive my 1sc's. Any one with hands on experience please advise me. I am starting from scratch and will be purchasing a turntable and probably a DVD/CD player (for use with video as well as audio) I have purchased the 1sc's and have had a pair in the past. I know there limitations in the spl and bass response and am also considering a powered Sub. I listen to a wide range of music, but tend to stay away from most pop and country. Jazz (elecric and acoustic) Prog rock, folk, adult contemporary (not elevator) and some classical (not often). I don't want to break the bank. I am interested in the VAC Avatar for its ultra liniar/triod switching ability. I am not too sure about low powered SET amps for the reason only that I am conserned about there ability to push these speakers to reasonable volumes.

Thanks in advance!
pepler
Tomryan,
That's exactly why I didn't like the solid state Simaudio Moon I-5 or Electrocompaniet ECI-3 with the 1SCs. I found that the 1SC's treble became excessively bright and the "ProAc midrange magic" was missing when driven by solid state gear. Using a tube DAC, tube preamp and a slightly dark solid state amp creates and entirely different and much more pleasing soundfield. That being said, I have heard ProAcs sound lean and bright in an all tube system as well. Tubes aren't necessarily the magic bullet, but may be the path with the most possibilities.

Pepler,
In the past, ProAc and ARC have been linked as a combination with great synergy. I heard an all ARC set up driving ProAc D80s a couple years ago at CES and thought it sounded very big and organic, but was a bit weak in the PRaT department. It could have also just been the show conditions or my personal taste in music reproduction.

I currently own the Response 1SC, Response 2.5 and Tablette 50 Signatures. Among them there's definitely a ProAc "family sound" present, but they also have slightly different characters much like siblings would in any family. The Tab 50 Sigs are quick and lively much like a person in their early twenties. The 1SC is the same person but at 35 years of age. A bit more settled and less inclined to take a misstep. After using both for almost three years with a subwoofer, I was shocked by the improvement when I purchased a pair of 2.5s locally earlier this year. The floorstanders actually image better than either monitor and the seamless, beautifully articulated bass is something that makes buying another subwoofer difficult to justify.
feigore,
Have you heard the soro se with the 1sc? My understanding is that it is a great amp for the midrange, but not very satisfying at the frequency extremes. Is this your experience or? I have not had the oppertunity to listen to the soro myself.

Thanks Michael
Gunbei,
I just sold my 2.5's to return to the 1sc's. My experience of the 2.5's was not the same. I do think they are a fabulous speaker. They have great bass and are seamless from top to bottom (providing one uses good speaker wire), but I did not think they where a top contender in the imaging department. Sure the sound stage is larger than the rather small sound stage that the 1sc presents, but they did not disappear the way that the 1sc's do, no matter how I placed them. I suspect that adding the Sub to your system may be the reason for our different experiences, who knows, could be a lot of things.
Thank you all for your input! It looks, at this point, that "TUBES IS IT" and that has been my opinion from the start. I however was curious about ss. Keep it coming!
Pepler,
That's really interesting that our experiences comparing the 1SC and the 2.5 are almost completely opposite. Different rooms, different gear. :•)

My room is a bit acoustically challenged, but it's odd how the 2.5s actually soundstage and do the disappearing act better than the 1SCs. Very interesting! My speakers are in front of two openings that lead to small rooms. That could be part of it.

Your experience makes me afraid to switch to another room if need be in the future, heheh.

Do you think you'll get the VAC Avatar? There's a "Super" up for sale right now.

If you decide to go that route, I'd be interested to know how the VAC and 1SCs like each other.

Good luck!