AES/Cary DJH Preamp tube change

I am considering changing the 6SN7 tubes on my AES/Cary preamp. Any suggestions? I am considering Electo Harmonix gold pins.
abb9ae7
abb,

KenRad deserves their reputation for being bass rich. They also deserve their reputation as being microphonic.

RCA is sweet & airy.

CBS Hytron is quick and uncolored (for a tube).

The EZ81 I have is a Haltron.

FWIW, I plan on cycling through most of the NOS tubes out there. Still on my list are the various Sylvanias, Mullard, TungSol, etc.

Like it or not, with this preamp and revealing down stream equipment, you'll find the tube drives much of the sound you hear; so it makes sense to look at tube rolling as a long-term ride.

Enjoy!
I found a new NOS Raytheon 6CA4 EZ81 at ebay, how would this work in the rectifier position?
Hi,
I purchased a AES/Cary DJH preamp along with there six-pacs about a month ago.(very impressive set) I also felt I needed to change out the stock 6sn7 tubes in the pre/amp, I did buy the Electro Harmonix with the gold pins, and YES there was a definite improvement in sound, The sound become smoother more defined, detailed and in a way cleaner, not that the stock unit was bad at all.
I think it was the best $ 53 I spent in a long time, and I want to replace the six-pac with them when I find them .
Hi,
I purchesed the 6SN7 EH with the gold pins from "thetubestore.com also I have seen them listed at "tubedepot.com".
p/s when you get them tell us what you think.