Pass X150 or CJ MF 2500,,,

im looking for a SS amp for my studio 100s that will work well on all kinds of music,,i have a tube preamp,anthem pva 2 power amp and would like to upgrade,love tube midrange but have to have my bass too!ive not heard these amps but read a lot about them,its taken me months of working OT to save the money so im a little nervous ,any help!!!
128x128raytheprinter
this might be a silly question,is a MF2500 thats been factory upgraded to the A version as good as a newer MF2500A??
Raytheprinter

I have been told by CJ that when they perform the upgrade that it is the same as an original "A". However; you may wish to contact them and ask. They are a great company to deal with and I am sure they would be more than happy to answer your questions. Also if you are in doubt about an amp that you are considering buying I would get the serial number from the seller and ask CJ to verify that it is an "A". Again hope I could help.

Chuck
Ray, I was wondering a few things. What's the sensitivity of your speakers? Are they hard to drive? What's the input impedance of your preamp? What are you looking for in your next amp? What kind of music do you listen to? There have been a few used units for sale on Audiogon in the last few weeks, I'd reccomend the "A" version. I had mine upgraded to the "A" version two years ago. After the upgrade, the amp had better highs, better bass, more control of my speakers, and a clearer sound. The soundstage expanded, while musicality remained close to the same presentation.
Ray, I just thought that I'd also add that the bass on the CJ2500A is a slightly loose bass. The unit itself will give you a "full" sound. Instruments like synthesizer, harmonica, and acoustic guitar sound three demensional, with a good front to back layering. With the CJ you get a more tube-like bass, but it can be quite powerful. With some music, I've heard the wood blinds over the windows on the side walls shudder and shake. Hope this helps. Good listening!
thanks for all the responses!Txp1,i put money down on the CJ at Spearit sound ,should have it by or before Jan. 13,Talon4,i listen to a lot of diff music,no rap,,my preamp was built by a guy that works for VAC now,he said it was built with SS amplification in mind,speakers are studio 100 V2,,for more info please click on my system,,i like ,thanks again,