Pass X150 or CJ MF 2500,,,

im looking for a SS amp for my studio 100s that will work well on all kinds of music,,i have a tube preamp,anthem pva 2 power amp and would like to upgrade,love tube midrange but have to have my bass too!ive not heard these amps but read a lot about them,its taken me months of working OT to save the money so im a little nervous ,any help!!!
128x128raytheprinter
tpk123

Sorry you had such a bad experience with the CJ amp. I have an MF2500A and think it is one of the best amps I have heard in my system. However; no dispute Pass is an excellent product.

Chuck
my CJ MF2500A was delivered safe and ontime by UPS!Chuck,i have not had a bad exp. with my CJ,got it Tue. and have not turned it off since,i thought id wait at least 200hrs. before forming any opinions,,,ill post a short review in a few days.Tpk123,dont be sorry ,i asked for the opinions of my fellow audiogoners ,and i thank everyone for their responses,,including yours!Chuck,how long did yours take to break in?
raytheprinter

I had mine upgraded to the "A" version and it took about 50 hours for it to initially break-in. It continued to improve for the next 250-300 hours. It was pretty bad (harsh)when I first plugged it in after being upgraded. I was pretty upset and was wondering if they could convert it back. But after listening for a while it really improved. Now I really enjoy the amp; it is more detailed and open then the original version. Good luck yours

Chuck
hello Chuck,going on 2 weeks now,the last couple of days have been great,i ran the amp pretty hard during the weekend,it sounds great now,the first week had me wondering if i made a mistake,,harsh and thin with no definition in the lower reaches,,the extra power really has brought my speakers to life,,even at lower volumes everything sounds so full,,now i have to decide on a preamp upgrade!thanks again for all the info!
raytheprinter

You are welcome. By the way I do not know what your budget is for a pre-amp but the CJ premier 17lsII or the 16lsII(no longer being produced) are great in combination with the 2500A. I am using a 16lsII and find the combination magical. Good luck and enjoy

Chuck