Will an entry level tube preamp help w/ B&K ST-140

I have two B&K ST-140's driving 2CE speakers using a rotel tuner pre-amp. Good system for my investment. Would it be recommended to go with a decent tube pre-amp to play off of the already tube-like sound of my amps? Looking for even more detail and 3D sound stage.....thanks
rispoli
I used to have the SS Revelation Basic (dual mono) with my B&K and loved it... then I moved to an ARC LS-7 and waw wowwed! That was many generations of equipment ago & I still have a tube pre (Supratek Syrah) and SS amp (McCormack DNA 0.5 Rev. A by SMC)...
My experience is pretty much what everyone else has experienced. Once I tried a tube pre-amp I never looked back. My wife even commented how great it sounded and she doesn't give a rip! I started with a Conrad Johnson PV10a and eventually migrated to a CJ Premier 17ls then onto a CJ Premier 16lsII. I have only had experience with CJ so I can not comment on other manufacturers as others have. My experience has been and others have commented that the combination of a tubed pre with ss amp really provides a wonderfull three dimensional sound stage with very good bass control.

A Conrad Johnson PV10B can be had used on this site for around $500-$750. If you don't like it you can always sell it and move on and not lose much if any money; which is a great thing.

Good Luck and just enjoy the music!

Chuck
A tube preamp should always be used with a solid state amp in my opinion as the solid state amp delivers the power and control while the tube preamp imparts a very nice musicality. For me this has always been the best combination.
It is my understanding that both Vandys and B&K could be placing your in the Yang-side of the audio resproduction spectrum (read: SOFT), why not try a passive preamp?, (could work great in your setup adding more resolution, transparency and speed).

Fernando