Which amp ? ...

Hi folks.

I am searching for a used amp to go with my ARC SP14 and my Snell CV. I have narrowed the selection down to three.

My choices (so far) are the Aragon 8008, Threshold T200, Bryston 4bst.

I listen insanely loud and like a smooth top and tight, yet deep bottom.

Which of these three would you recommend? Or, if you think I am way off base, what do you like that I can pick up for under $1500.

Dean.
reelsmith
Aragon 8008 of those choices, but be sure and get the BB model.
One other that I'd recommend, that's not on your list, but at your budget, is the BAT VK200.
I'd put that one above all three mentioned. It sounds better and build quality is better too.
Only thing though, it only takes XLR inputs. So if you aren't using xlr cables, you'd need rca/xlr adapters, which are only about $35 here used.
Hope that helps!
Good Listening!
The Aragon I have not heard, but it's reputation precedes it.

The Theshold is a very decent amplifier, but I remember it as being a bit weak-kneed in the bottom most octaves. Threshold does offer the option to upgrade the T200 to the latest STASIS version with full warranty, but the cost would double your investment.

The smooth top you are looking for may elude you with the Bryston, depending upon your interpretation of 'smooth.' It's a tank with lots of headroom, but I feel it a tad glassy up top.

I'll have to second Myraj in suggesting you add the BAT to your short list. In your price range, you'll be hard pressed to find a better built, sweeter sounding amp with tons of headroom. You'll be able to bang your head for hours on end with this one.
Thanks guys !

I did a little research on the VK200 and it indeed looks as if it should be at the top of my list. Thanks!

Dean.