Tube Tester for 2A3

I have an old Censore TC154 tube tester that will test all my tubes except the 2A3. Anyone knows what brand and model number of tube testers should I be looking at for testing the 2A3 tubes? I want the simplest one that will do the job. thanks!
ykk
KK,

It is made by Transcendent Sound, so I think so. For comparison, there is a Hickok here for $595 + shipping, and everything on it doesn't work! I figure if you (or I) am going to buy one, why not get a new one, instead of a 30 year old one for similar $$$.

I read on the OTL board at AA that Atma-Sphere is kicking arount the idea of offering one at the same price point. Problem here is it will probably be A-S specific, meaning 12ax7 & 6as7 mainly. So I think this price is pretty good.

Vacuum Tube Valley also has one, but it is $749, and only tests preamp tubes.

Amplitrex Audio Products also manufactures new testers, but this one costs over 2 grand! Looks pretty nice, but 2 grand? Again, this one will do about any tube out there, but 2 grand!

IMHO the Transcendent is the way to go. SInce this year I plan to build an entirely new system (I mean build literally, as in Audio Note kits) building a tester shouldn't be too hard. And, as much as I play with tubes, this one looks like the best bet.

Hope this helps,

Joe
Joe,

How did you get pictures on the text at Audiogon? I have been trying to do that but without success.

Anyway, if money is the issue, I think in the mean time I can simply ask dealers to check my tubes (I have only three pairs of 2a3).

Building a tester? Are you sure? When you find the circuit design, kindly pass it along, thanks!

KK
KK,

The Transcendent tester is a kit. I think that's how they keep the $599 price point.

To do pics you need to be logged in. After you post, you "edit my post" and add HTML.

Joe