Denon POA-2800 vs. Sony TAN-90ES

Cheers!

Which one of these power amplifiers do you recommend based on your experience?

The DENON is more powerful and cheaper and provides a deep and powerful bass. But won't the SONY have a much more refined sound, especially with a much better midband?

Thanks
sony
Sony, are you implying that you could be swayed from your namesake? Shame, shame shame.
I think im one of the only people in the world who still has a denon poa-2800. i was pretty damn suprised when i saw this thread.

Personally i really like the Denon. Im getting it back from the repair shop tomorrow, some loose solder connections on the power supply were causing a +5V DC offset.
Good times.

Anyways, cannot comment on the sony, Im using a denon avr 3805 as a pre/pro and the difference in sound using the amp vs the reciever is pretty strong.

I cannot compare it to the sony, but i find the midrange pretty refined in the denon. The bass is great, nice and fast. For the price range i personally think it is a hell of a bargain. I know i will eventually upgrade to something a bit more high end, but for now im completly happy with the POA-2800

System = Denon 3805, Denon DVD2900, Denon POA-2800, JMlab Chorus 707s, Velodyne DLS-4000........
I like the 2800 enough that when i do upgrade it will be for a pretty damn good amp. maybe a bryston 4b or something.
Hey Chris,

In all honesty, I'm not sure you'd prefer the Bryston over the Denon. It really depends on taste, but I have an older Bryston and I don't like it as my main two channel amp. I use it mainly for subwoofer duty. That being said, the newer Brystons are supposed to be much more refined.

Dean