Denon POA-2800 vs. Sony TAN-90ES

Cheers!

Which one of these power amplifiers do you recommend based on your experience?

The DENON is more powerful and cheaper and provides a deep and powerful bass. But won't the SONY have a much more refined sound, especially with a much better midband?

Thanks
sony
Haven't heard the TAN90ES.
The POA-2800 is an excellent all-rounder with enough power reserve for most loads. Bass is amazing - deep, with slam.
Frequency response is perfect.

Now, in terms of clarity and detail, it is not a Pass Aleph, but, then again, neither is the price comparable!
Sony,

I have the Sony TAE-9000ES and TAN-9000ES for HT duties and they lived up to my expectations. They perform admirably well in my Home Theater setup. However, they couldn't hold a candle light when it comes down to 2-channel. I have the Plinius SA-100MkIII and having done a side by side evaluation with the TAN-9000ES, I rate the Sony very lowly when it comes to 2-channel listening.

I haven't heard of the Denon but I presume they would sound better than the Sony. My apologies if you are a Sony fan.
I am a hi-end stereo buff with referance CJ tube pre-amp
and power amp and speakers. I bought a Sony DVP-NS999ES dvd/sacd player with multi-channel analog outputs. I have a multi-channel amp to hander the CC and SR. I am trying to find a Sony TA-P9000TA pre-amp. This pre-amp has the 5.1
inputs and a 2-channel pass-through so the the CJ will still control the FL & FR speakers when I need to play
my none-SACD CDs. Any information on haw I can obtain this
unit. Sony no longer makes this unit...george60s
I am finally taking my Denon POA 2800 power amp and Denon PRA 1500 preamp out of storage after nearly 15 years. Hopefully it will all power up fine. My first instinct is to get them checked out.