Plinius sa250 overheating

my sa250 mkiv is overheating when run in class a for about two hours at which time it shuts down. runs great in ab mode. the amp has been serviced by a plinius authorized tech with some improvement. has anyone else had similar problems or have any suggestions?
danderson
Linnlp12: It's possible that the Shunyata was able to deliver a higher level of current to your amp on a faster basis than your original cord was capable of. Due to the huge demands that in-rush current places on the AC system, blowing the fuses might have been a sign that you've actually got a power cord that can more than keep up with the demands of your amp. This is one of the advantages of going to a low inductance design. Sean
>
this amp does run very hot in "a", no doubt about that. the amp sits on its own stand with complete open ventilation on all sides. i may have to try a supplemental fan, but the thought of that noise interfering with my listening pleasure may be intolerable. thanks for all your input.
Sean, interesting reply. I had not thought of that. I appreciate the response, gave me something to think about. The CLS IIZ are a brutal load but the ams sounds so good on them. Ditto for my Cary's but the bass is a bit better with the Plinius. Now I am not sure what I am going to do about the cord. Maybe I will give it a try on less demanding speakers. For the original poster with the overheat problem, maybe the cord solution will work in "reverse". Thanks again.