Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Bo1972, that was some of the funniest humor from you in a long time, I get it!,you said, The difference is quite clear!!
My words can sound quite hard, in the Netherlands I think we are a little harder. We prefer sarcastic humor.

I am a very honest person who hates inferior quality. Because these products are the ones who limit the better qaulity products. In 17 years I have seen and heard many times how low the endresult is of many people who bought audio. This alwaya had a very big influence on me as a person. That is why I want to do it differently. To create a better level in audio for every single person. More openness and honesty in the world of audio!
My audio buddy did the Furutech GTX duplex outlet taste test. A Gold GTX in one outlet, the other was a Rhodium GTX outlet.

Most of all his gear is tubes, SS amps. The clear winner was the Rhodium plugs. He had on order 2 more GTX Gold plugs from the Cable Company, changed them to Rhodium. The Gold plugs messed up the bass a little , much preferred the Rhodium.

I'm very happy with the results from changing out all seven my R1's to the GTX duplex outlets in Rhodium .
01-23-15: Bo1972
When you compare the Oyaide with gold against the 004/M1 the difference is quite clear!!
Bo1, I think you completely missed my point. I provided a detailed commentary supporting the view there is in fact a small, not night/day difference between the FURUTECH copper/rhodium and copper/gold products given a tonally neutral system. I don't doubt there is a clear difference between the Oyaide P-004/M1, but you are talking about apples vs oranges. Firstly the Oyaide P-004 is a lower range connector compared to the M1. And secondly, Furutech's FI-50M(G) is much superior imho to any Oyaide gold connector due to their superior materials, design and metallurgy. As far as the FI-50 and M1 goes, Chris expressed a personal view that he prefers the FI-50, but noted the M1 is a very good connector. He also qualified that in some systems, the M1 may have better synergy (eg: if you're running R1's). In my ss/digital system, I would likely obtain better synergy using FI-50M(G)'s as i'm already running a GTX-D(G) wpo. I'll have to have a think about that one as both are excellent connectors.
01-23-15: Audiolabyrinth
Hi Melbguy1, I do not understand why Chris said he uses both the gold and Rhodium in his system, I tried that, it was horrible!, they worked against each other, a real train wreck, weeks of testing revealed someone can only use one version or the other through out a system, atleast that is what happened to my system any way..I do not believe at this point untill I do more auditioning that one would have to use the same wall plug's through out, just the wpo's.
Audiolabyrinth, you're comparing apples and oranges. Chris correctly recommended the Furutech GTX-D(G) for solid state systems which are not overly warm. You are using a tube cd player as your source/pre and warmer, gold plated connectors (079’s), so I am not surprised you prefered the GTX-D(R) in your system. If you ran a ss cd player & Oyaide P-004 connectors, it could well have been a different story. As for mixing Gold and Rhodium wpo's, obviously that works in Chris V's system, but I would personally not advocate mixing gold and rhodium hardware.

01-23-15: Audiolabyrinth
Chris was dead wrong about what his recommendation's were for my system, The Rhodium over and over again was the clear winner on my solid state amp and tube/solid state Hybred digital cd-player that run's direct to amplification, extrodinary transparent hugely
I thought Chris V's advice was to go for Rhodium "on tubey sounding equipment, or tube amps or pre-amps, and gold on tube cd-players"? You're running tube preamp & warm sounding gold connectors, so his advice that Rhodium best suits that mix is correct.