Best Female Vocalists Ballads

I am on the lookout to add to my extensive collection of music. It's been a while since I was 'on the lookout' for such.
My favorite music is ballads, male and female. Any suggestions on music spanning, say the past 5 or six years?
Album name AND Artist.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Larry
lrsky
Mass popularity and my tastes are usually mutually exclusive, but there is a fairly recent new singer who has sold a lot of albums whom I really like. She's British, goes by the name of Adele, and is a great singer of ballads, even one by Dylan. She has only two albums, I believe, so get 'em both!
For something not overproduced, genuine, from the heart... If you haven't already tapped into this, I would recommend the ballads of Richard and Linda Thompson. For instance, try the compilation Watching the Dark and skip to the ballads sung by Linda.
Meg Baird, "Dear Companion" (Drag City LP). A tremendous singer and a fine guitarist.
Ooh, good one Peter! Another incredible female is Julie Miller, a great songwriter and singer, wife and partner of the best producer/singer/guitarist/bandleader (for Emmylou Harris) working today, Buddy Miller.
Top of my list would be Cecile Mclorin Salvant's Woman Child but check out this long running thread and you should get all the suggestions you will ever need.