Tube Preamp for Dreadnaught & Aerials

What to you suggest? I'm looking for a tube preamp that can be operated by remote and has a HT bypass for a Theta Dread 1/Aerial 10T setup. Budget: $1500-$2500. I'd like to try tubes but a SS with a bit of warmth in the mid range would be okay, too.

Thanks,
jas
Try a Musical-Fidelity unit, used BAT , VTL, Pass, Rogue Magnum 99, Meridian 502? , McIntosh,

Audition if you can. Almost a must, but what a system you'll have.
Hi Jas,

Don't know where you are now but I just came across this thread. I have been using the Sonic Frontier line-3, a very neutral tube preamp that does not sound tubey, to drive (bi-amp) the 5-channel dreadnaught I and into 10Ts.

The results were top-notched sound, very dynamic, detailed and non-fatiguing(confirmed by a couple of other audiophiles). I have never achieved a 'synergy' like this in my 15 years of pursuit of great sound. I attribute the keys to success to:

1. bi-amping: 10T's are well knownn to be power-hungry so once I did the bi-amping the system sounded completely different, it just kind of opens up, way up. Dreadnaughts are definitely high end bargains.

2. room acoutics: 10T's also demand big breathing room. I was surprised by their ability to 'project' sound stage almost as good as Watt Puppies.

3. The SF line 3 is so neutral that it simply gets out of the way for the sources (CD: Krell MD-10 and studio, LP: Rega 3 & Signet cartridge AM-40) to voice through.

I am using Kimber select interconnects such as 1120s and still trying out other different brands.

Good luck,

Eugene
Eugene. Thanks for your imput. I have considered the SF line as well as the VTL 5.5. I've been trying to find a tube reamp that has balanced mains and CD input, IEC chord, a HT pass through feature, and silver, although the last item is negotiable. So far, I've located the VTL 5.5, and the ARC LS 16 in my price bracket (used, $1600-$2000). The SF line I believe fits too. Any I missed?

I moved into a new house this last weekend and had 2 20 amp circuits added in. That the new larger room adds an ease to the 1o-T's I hadn't heard before. Somehow, the bass isn't coming through, maybe the new wiring needs time and the speaks need a new placement (fits only been 3 days so I haven't got to tweaking yet), but so far so good.

I like Kimber and am thinking of trying them. I'm using Audience Au24s and Cardas Golden Ref now but am not sure if its what I'll keep. I need to put a preamp in place first, as the Proceed AV I use while not that bad just isn't going to cut it for music.
I'll check out the SF-3 next. Thanks for you input.