Best Female Vocalists Ballads

I am on the lookout to add to my extensive collection of music. It's been a while since I was 'on the lookout' for such.
My favorite music is ballads, male and female. Any suggestions on music spanning, say the past 5 or six years?
Album name AND Artist.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Larry
lrsky
More than six years old (sorry), the ultimate ballads recording by a female
vocalist is, for me, "Here's To Life" by Shirley Horn. Featuring
the arrangements and some of the songs of the great Johnny Mandel, its a
must-have.
For something current: a very interesting singer and one of the best female
jazz talents out there; and one who writes her own material, is Carmen
Lundy. Her brand new "Soul To Soul" is worth checking out.
Melody Gardot-"My One and Only Thrill" is a MUST have. She composed most of the songs with a really wonderful rendition of "Over the Rainbow", not one miss on this one.

Shirley Horn- For whatever reason this lady who recently passed away simply has not gotten the recognition she deserves. Her expressiveness is just too special. Buy any of her albums, you won't regret it.

Since I saw some country mentioned, I thought I would throw in this one. It's not in the past 6 years but if you LIKE country and you like ballads and you LIKE female harmonies and you don't have it you might pick up a copy of "Trio" Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt. There are some wonderful solo performances by all three and a magical blending of their voices, very special to me.

While on female groups that have a unique blend of harmonies I would also throw in The Roches "Keep On Doing" A sister group that were popular in the early 80's, quirky and clearly an example of the sum is greater than the individual parts but can they harmonize! Robert Fripp produced.
I can't not mention the incredible version of "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted?" Joan Osborne does in the documentary on the Motown house band. A Top 10 classic song is there ever was one (it's actually in my all-time Top 3, alongside "God Only Knows" by Brian Wilson/The Beach Boys), the original recording by Jimmy Ruffin is just insanely great. Joan's might be even better. I listen to it just about everyday at least once.
Carole Kidd
Jo Stafford
Chris Connor
June Christy
Joannie Sommers
Sarah Vaughn
Doris Day
Julie London
Nancy Wilson (early stuff)
Carmen McCrea (early stuff)
Oregonpapa, nice list.
But you forgot the Queen of them all. Mildred Bailey !